A new PvE update will be released for the closed beta of Orcs Must Die! Unchained tomorrow, July 1.
The update tomorrow will also include a patch which brings a “a new game mechanic to user defined, custom matches.” The mechanic allows players to capture neutral points and then use them to send powerful minions into battle.
The PvE content will include hordes of stronger orcs, bears, ogres and newer creatures such as the dwarf grenadiers, forest giants and Cyclops mages. As with PvP, players will need to defend their rift and players will have a chance to set multiple traps before the game starts and the first wave of enemies comes.
Another new mechanic has been added in PvE. It’s the Unchained Meter which is a barometer that fills up as players eliminate enemies through combos.
Finally, the patch brings a new option to custom PvP matches consisting of two additional, neutral targets.
- New map ‘Unchained Fortress’ is now the default map in matchmaking
- Hero battle levels now increased to ten
- All war camps now have a standard wave should players not place any cards
- New three-level confirmation system for hero choice (select hero, confirm deck and set talents)
- Fire damage over time now stacks providing it comes from different sources (magic or different trap types)
- New bot: Hogarth
- New skins for Smolder and Hogarth
- Lots of small changes to heroes, minions, map dynamics as well as the user interface, performance and visual effects
More information on the Robot Entertainment title can be found through the official website.
Read more here: VG247