No Apple Watch, no problem.
Pokémon Go Hub has datamined the most recent Android version of the app and discovered that Pokémon Go will soon be coming to Android Wear.
The file details support for a number of Android smart watches, and it looks like it’ll run in the background with the ability to track and capture pokémon, retrieve items, and notify the app with alerts, like when you’re all out of pokéballs.
Here’s the full list of what Pokémon Go Hub discovered while rooting around:
- Android app contains a whole new pokemongoplus project referencing Pokemon GO implementation on Android Wear
- The code implementation is marked as complete and release ready
- Android Watch will also use Bluetooth to communicate with your Android Smartphone
- The communication between the smartphone app and your Android watch is encrypted (AES)
- Pokemon GO Plus works in the background – it is not required to keep the smartphone app opened while playing on the watch
- A variety of Android Wear devices smart watches are supported – the code scans for watch characteristics and adapts accordingly
- Some Android Wear devices work with iOS also. The data mined implementation suggest you’ll be able to use an Android smartwatch and pair it with iOS
Have you opted to wear your love of Pokémon Go with pride with a Go Plus? Or will you be looking forward to the Android support so you can hunt pokémon with a dash more subtlety?
Read more here: VG247