A large expansion for Civilization 6 called Rise and Fall has been announced.
Announced today, Civilization 6: Rise and Fall is the first expansion to be released for the PC strategy title.
The expansion comes with new choices, strategies, and challenges introducing the “new Great Ages,” which is a new city loyalty system. It also includes governors while expanding existing Diplomacy and Government systems. It also adds nine new leaders and eight new civilizations.
New units, districts, wonders, buildings, and more will allow players to lead their civilization into Golden Age of prosperity or the Heroic Age.
Here’s a list of key features per 2K Games:
- Great Ages: As your civilization ebbs and flows, and you reach milestone Historic Moments, you will experience Dark Ages or Golden Ages, each providing specific challenges or bonuses based on your actions in-game. Rise triumphantly from a Dark Age, and your next Golden Age will be even stronger – a Heroic Age.
- Loyalty: Cities now have individual Loyalty to your leadership – let it fall too low, and face the consequences of low yields, revolts, and the potential to lose your city to another civilization, or its own independence. But one civilization’s loss can be your gain as you inspire Loyalty among cities throughout the map and further expand your borders.
- Governors: Recruit, appoint, and upgrade powerful characters with unique specialization bonuses and promotion trees to customize your cities, and reinforce Loyalty.
- Enhanced Alliances: An enhanced alliances system allows players to form different types of alliances and build bonuses over time.
- Emergencies: When a civilization grows too powerful, other civilizations can join a pact against the threatening civilization and earn rewards, or penalties, when the Emergency ends.
- Timeline: Review your civilization’s history at any time with the new Timeline feature, a visual journey through the Historic Moments that you encountered on your path to victory.
- New leaders and civilizations: Nine leaders and eight new civilizations are introduced. Each brings unique bonuses and gameplay, as well as a total of eight unique units, two unique buildings, four unique improvements, and two unique districts.
- New global content: Eight new world wonders, seven natural wonders, four new units, two new tile improvements, two new districts, fourteen new buildings, and three new resources have been added.
- Improved gameplay systems: The Government system has been enhanced with new Policies and additional improvements have been made to existing systems.
Civilization 6: Rise and Fall will release on February 8.
Read more here: VG247