Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise is coming to Europe and North America in October.
Sega and Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio, the team behind the Yakuza series, is bringing Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise to western audiences this fall.
Released in Japan back on March 8, the action-adventure RPG is set within the same world as the Fist of the North Star manga.
Players take control of Kenshiro as they progress through an alternate universe of the original story. They will explore the “apocalyptic wastes of the Earth” in a customizable buggy, and show enemies the what for using Kenshiro’s Hokuto Shinken techniques.
Various character-development and world-building side missions are includes, as well as a collection of mini-games. These span everything from buggy races to rhythm-based Hokuto Shinken chiropractic therapy sessions
Combat and character progression also play major roles, and more of Kenshiro’s Hokuto Shinken assassination techniques can be unlocked. This will occur by gaining experience while playing through the story, defeating enemies, and completing side missions and minigames.
Here’s more on Fist of the North Star in case you aren’t familiar with it:
- Become the Fist of the North Star – Explore an alternate version of the Fist of the North Star canon; take control of Kenshiro as he searches for his lost love Yuria in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. For anyone unfamiliar with the original story, Lost Paradise can be enjoyed as a completely standalone experience.
- “You’re Already Dead” or “Omae wa Mou Shindeiru?” Why Not Both? – Lost Paradise features English / Japanese dual-track audio, so you can ‘ATATATA!’ in the language of your choosing.
- Master the Hokuto Shinken Style – Kenshiro’s ultimate assassination techniques, the Hokuto Shinken, are at your disposal in battle. After building up the Seven Star gauge, you can demolish enemies from the inside out with dozens of brutal and iconic Hokuto Shinken techniques, faithfully recreated from the original manga. More lethal techniques will be available as you progress through the story and battles. Keep your fists up!
- Explore a Lost Paradise and the Wasteland Surrounding It – Even Kenshiro needs the occasional break from beating up thugs. Luckily, even in the dilapidated city of Eden, there’s no shortage of engaging side missions and minigames to take part in. Use the power of Hokuto Shinken to prepare drinks at a bar, manage a struggling nightclub, customize a buggy and race through the barren desert, play retro games at the arcade or your hideout, including the original Fist of the North Star game, and more! Tired of the city? Head out into the wasteland in your buggy to collect materials and complete side missions, but be careful of hidden dangers lurking beyond the dunes!
- Extra Carnage – Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise features everything available in the original Japanese version, plus enhanced violence for the localized version! For the first time, witness the full effects of Kenshiro’s brutal Hokuto Shinken on the lowlifes and thugs of the post-apocalyptic wastes
Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise will launch exclusively for PlayStation 4 October 2. It will run you $59.99 in both digital and physical formats.
The post Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise heads west this fall appeared first on VG247.
Read more here: VG247