Eugen Systems has announced Steel Division 2, a sequel to 2007’s Steel Division: Normandy 44.
Steel Division 2 is set during Operation Bagration, the Soviet offensive which took place during the summer of 1944.
The game will contain new single-player dynamic strategic campaigns, 18 new divisions, mechanics, setting, and hundreds of historic units. Multiplayer fans can get in on some hectic 10v10 play.
“We’ve made a lot of improvements to Steel Division 2 based on direct feedback from our most avid fans of Steel Division: Normandy 44,” said game director and studio co-founder Alexis Le Dressay in the press release.
“For instance, we know they will love the new single-player Dynamic Strategic Campaigns. But we are planning much more for Steel Division 2. Expect more details about new features and units after gamescom 2018. The game is a true passion project for us, and we hope players look forward to seeing more as development continues.”
Here’s a list of key features:
- Brand-new turn-based Dynamic Strategic Campaigns
- New setting, the Eastern Front, with the mighty Red Army and Axis powers
- Over 600 historically accurate units across 18 new divisions
- Realistic battlefields spread across 25 different maps
- Substantial changes to the Deck building mechanics
- New, realistic art direction to deliver a more immersive visual style
- Revamped combat offering a more refined tactical experience
- Host of game modes, offline and online, including co-op and massive 10v10 multiplayer battles
Steel Division 2 will be self-published for PC by Eugen Systems and is without a release date.
The post Steel Division 2 heads to the massive battlefields of the Eastern Front appeared first on VG247.
Read more here: VG247