There will be plenty of weapons available at your disposal in Battlefield 5 Firestorm, and we’re here to tell you about them.
In Battlefield 5 Firestorm, you will drop into the map empty-handed. This means you will have scavenge loot and weapons as soon as possible from the environment or fallen foes. Luckily, there will be plenty of different weapons to choose from, and each will come with a rarity level.
Word of warning though: your inventory isn’t very large starting out, and your character is only allotted two primary weapon slots and one sidearm slot.
This will force you to choose what’s most important for a chosen loadout instead of hoarding everything you come across. You are able to carry four different ammo types at once though, each is specific to a weapon type.
You will start off with four slots dedicated to specific gadgets. One is designated for healing items, another for grenades, and two for whatever can be scrounged. The inventory can be expanded by picking up backpacks.
Below you will find everything there is to know, so far, about weapons, rarity, gadgets, and melee items available at launch.
Battlefield 5 Firestorm – Weapons, Gadgets, Armor, more
Firestorm Primary Weapons
At launch, there will be 16 primary weapons available in Firestorm, all imported from Battlefield 5. Each are divided into three tiers: Common, Rare, and Epic.
The tiers are based on the number of attachments and specializations the weapons are found with. Below, you will find a breakdown of all primary, Firestorm weapons.
There are four submachine guns in Firestorm, each providing close range accuracy and rapid fire.
- MP40 – General purpose weapon that’s easy to control.
- Rare version comes with quick ADS, reduced recoil upgrades, and a reflex sight.
- Epic version includes improved ADS while stationary and moving, along with a close-range lens sight.
- Suomi KP/-31 – Hard to control, but is fast firing.
- Rare comes with improved hipfire, quick deploy, and a reflex sight.
- Epic gets a rate of fire boost, reduced recoil, and reflex sight.
- STEN – Very user-friendly “cousin” of the MP40.
- Rare features improved hipfire, quicker reload speed, and a reflex sight.
- Epic sports improved hipfire, reduced recoil and a reflex sight.
- M1928A1 – Basically a Tommy Gun.
- Rare features reduced recoil, quick ADS, and a reflex sight.
- Epic has an extended mag, reduced recoil, and a lens sight.
A favorite of infantry, rifles are accurate, and can cover long distances.
- Gewehr 43 – Basic run-and-gun weapon.
- Rare has improved ADS, and an aperture sight.
- Epic nets you “faster” bullets, reduced recoil, and a ZF4 mid-range scope.
- M1A1 Carbine – Low damage but can fire quickly.
- Rare version has quick ADS and deploy speed, along with a reflex sight.
- Epic comes with an extended mag, improved hipfire, and a reflex sight.
- StG 44 – Nice accuracy and stopping power.
- Rare reduces recoil, quickens ADS, and brings a reflex sight.
- Epic has improved ADS speed, reduced recoil, and the ZF4 mid-range scope.
- Gustloff Prototype – Assault rifle with close range.
- Rare grants reduced recoil, quick reload, and a reflex sight.
- Epic comes with improved ADS, reduced recoil, and reflex sight.
Perfect when you need to get the job done at long distances. Also handy for making headshots, and scaring approaching foes.
- ZH-29 – Highly-precise semi-automatic sniper.
- Rare comes with a bipod, quick ADS, and a close-range sight.
- Epic boasts“faster” bullets, improved ADS, and a midrange scope.
- Kar98k – A familiar, trusty bolt-action rifle.
- Rare gets a quicker deploy speed, improved ADS, and a close-range sight.
- Epic has a bipod, quick cycle, and a mid-range scope.
- Lee-Enfield No. 4 Mk l – Fast to fire and good for mid-range.
- Rare adds the quick reload and quick deploy upgrades.
- Epic comes with a bayonet and quick cycle.
Heavy damage and rapid, sustained fire is the machine gun’s modus operandi . These are ideal for capturing objectives, or mowing down an entire squad of enemies. Plus, they’re super fun to use.
- Bren Gun – Features a top-loaded mag.
- Rare has reduced recoil, quick reload, and the AA close-range sight.
- Epic Bren Gun gets “faster” bullets, improved bipod, and the M84 mid-range scope.
- FG-42 – Fast-firing automatic rifle with a small magazine.
- Rare grants quick and improved ADS, along with the AA close-range sight.
- Epic grants reduced recoil, faster ADS when moving, and the ZFG42 mid-range scope.
- MG 42 – Reliable, easy to use weapons with an extreme rate of fire.
- Rare has an improved flash hider, “faster” bullets, and the AA close-range sight.
- Epic provides improved cooling, a rate-of-fire boost, and the AA close-range sight.
Great weapons for close range that pack a punch and make you feel like a badass.
- 12g Automatic – Very popular shotgun in various wars.
- Rare 12g Automatic has an extended magazine and quick reload.
- Epic has improved bullet penetration and heavy load.
- M97 – Pump-action with high damage and decent range.
- Rare M97 comes with quick ADS and slug rounds.
- Epic has improved trigger, increased headshot damage, and the Lattey close-range sight.
Never discount a sidearm: it’s your best friend when in a downed state or when out of options.
- P38 Pistol
- P08 Pistol
- FP-45 Liberator
- Mk Vl Revolver
10 Melee Weapons
Firestorm isn’t all about guns. There are plenty of melee weapons to find in the wild, and some are rather deadly.
- British Army Jack Knife
- Cricket Bat
- Scout Knife
- Solveig Knife
Gadgets specific to Firestorm will come in handy while all 64 of you are trying to escape the burning ring of fire.
- Backpack – Comes in three sizes and increases your stored inventory.
- Small (two slots)
- Medium (four slots)
- Large (six slots)
- Healing syrettes – Uses these to replenish your health or that of your squad mates. Note: these cannot be self-applied when in a downed state.
- Armor vests – All players start with an empty armor vest. When loaded with Armor Plates, it protects from gunfire or explosive damage. There are three levels of armor vests based on the amount of plates that can be loaded.
- Common (one plate)
- Rare (two)
- Epic (three)
- Ammo – You’ll need to find the correct ammo type to match primary and secondary weapons.
- Light and heavy vehicle ammo – This ammo type is used to resupply weapons on vehicles and towables.
The gadgets on this list will be familiar to Battlefield 5 players, and can be used in various battle royale scenarios.
Grenades and Throwables
- No. 36 Frag Grenade
- M18 Smoke Grenade
- No. 76 Incendiary Grenade
- No. 74 Sticky Grenade
- Geballte Ladung
- No. 69 Impact Grenade
- Panzerfaust 100
- SMLE Smoke Grenade Launcher
- Sticky Dynamite
- S 35 Bouncing Betty
Firestorm will expand after launch with new features and improvements for all Battlefield 5 players as part of the Tides of War expansion.
This will also include the introduction of Duos mode in April as part of Chapter 3: Trial by Fire.
Battlefield 5 Firestorm launches March 25 as a free update to all players.
The post Battlefield 5 Firestorm launches with 16 primary weapons, various melee items, and familiar gadgets appeared first on VG247.
Read more here: VG247